Monday, August 17, 2009

we came on vacation to work!

So! Quickly here, because today Russell and I are going to try and hitch hike to see the Cliffs of Moher. Hopefully it will work out! If it does, this is what we will see

Pretty amazing huh? Solid rock rising over 200 meters (not feet) straight out of the ocean. Wow.

But! Good news quickly. Russell and I have applied to this program called workaway (similar to wwoff (I think that is how it is spelled)) that provides volunteer jobs to visitors abroad (and at home, I guess) on farms. We have scored a week on a lavender farm in Normandy. We think that it will be an amazing week, and I believe that we'll be right. We're looking forward to it! And hoping that they will give us some hats like this




We'll write more soon!
Sending much love from across the pond on this, our last day in Ireland.
Maria

2 comments:

  1. Hey Russell and Maria,
    I finally got your blogspot address from Jill, so today I caught up with all your travels! Everything sounds awesome (even the scary bus ride - we had several like that in Honduras last year!). Keep the blogs coming and continue to have fun on your great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think you can get me a hat like that?
    Sounds great! We miss you all, but its good to hear from you on your blog!!!
    Love,
    Mom B.

    ReplyDelete